Digital Tickets Pty Ltd (ABN 92 010 129 110) (â€œDigital Ticketsâ€) provides ticketing services, including the sale and distribution of tickets, as agent for the venue, promoter or person responsible for holding the relevant event (the â€œSellerâ€). In providing these services, Digital Tickets owns and operates DigitalTickets.net and DigitalTickets.net (the â€œSiteâ€).
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before purchasing a ticket. By purchasing a ticket from Digital Tickets, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions relate both to the sale of tickets and attendance at events. These Terms and Conditions apply to both the original purchaser and any subsequent ticketholders (â€œyouâ€).
Variation to Terms and Conditions
Digital Tickets may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating them. Any variations will only apply to ticket purchases made after these Terms and Conditions have been updated.
Additional Seller Terms and Conditions
Each ticket is also sold subject to any additional terms and conditions of the Seller for the particular event (â€œSeller’s Termsâ€). The Seller’s Terms may be disclosed as part of the event information on the site and at Digital Tickets agents and outlets at the time of purchase. The Seller’s Terms are also available from Digital Tickets on request.
General Terms and Conditions
Digital Tickets acts as agent for the Seller in the sale of all tickets. As such, except as specified in these Terms and Conditions, all claims in connection with tickets or events are the sole responsibility of the Seller and, except to the extent required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law) Digital Tickets otherwise has no liability to you.
Refunds, exchanges and replacements
1. Digital Tickets will only offer a refund or exchange of a ticket if an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated by the Seller (and you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled or relocated event), or to the extent otherwise required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law). You must apply for a refund within a reasonable time. Digital Tickets does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances.
2. If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated by the Seller, all liability is limited to the amount for which the ticket was purchased (including any fees or charges). Proof of purchase may be required for any refund or exchange. Unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), neither Digital Tickets nor the Seller will be liable for any other losses incurred by you as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of an event, including any travel and accommodation expenses.
3. Digital Tickets will only replace lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase, and if you give reasonable notice before the event. Digital Tickets or the Seller may charge a reasonable fee for the replacement of tickets. Digital Tickets may not replace tickets where seating is unallocated (general admission tickets).
Variations to performances or events
4. The Seller reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements (including ticket categories) and audience capacity.
Conditions of entry
5. Admission to an event is subject to the Seller’s Terms. In particular, the following form part of the Seller’s terms unless otherwise specified:
(b) If you arrive late, you may not be admitted until a suitable break in the event.
(c) You may not be permitted to take into the event, or use, cameras or other photographic or recording equipment (including mobile phones).
(d) You may be required to submit to a search of your person and/or possessions before entering the event.
6. Entry to an event may be refused if the authenticity or validity of a ticket is questionable, including because the ticket has been damaged or defaced in any way, or has not been purchased from Digital Tickets or other authorised points of sale.
Resale of tickets & scalping
7. Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of Digital Tickets and the Seller, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction or other unauthorised resale sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the ticketholder may be refused admission. Digital Tickets and/or the Seller may try to take all reasonable steps to notify you of Digital Tickets’s intention to cancel the ticket or render it invalid within a reasonable time before cancelling it or rendering it invalid.
SCALPING WARNING: The resale of tickets in certain circumstances is governed by ticket sales legislation and may attract criminal penalties.
Collection and delivery of tickets
8. You must allow adequate time for collection or delivery of tickets. Methods of collection and/or delivery will be available when choosing your collection/delivery details. In the interests of minimising ticket scalping, Digital Tickets may change your delivery method to “venue collect” at its discretion.
9. Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided for collection of tickets and at the event or through our ‘verified id’ system.
Limitations on number of tickets purchased
10. When purchasing tickets for a particular event you may be limited to a specified number of tickets. If you exceed the stated ticket limit in one or more transactions, you may have any or all of your orders and tickets cancelled without notice by Digital Tickets at its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information. Ticket limits apply to ensure fair access to tickets for fans, and as a measure to minimise unauthorised ticket scalping.
11. While Digital Tickets takes all reasonable care to ensure that tickets are correctly priced and only available for sale when intended, sometimes errors may occur. Digital Tickets may cancel an order made as a result of any such error, although in the case of a pricing error Digital Tickets will endeavour to contact you to give you the option of purchasing the ticket at the correct price.
The term “including” when used in these Terms and Conditions is not a term of limitation.